As you may know, I love food. But as any of my friends will tell you, I love whipping up something delicious on the fly. Scruptious food does not need to suck your time nor does it need to be unhealthy. I stumbled upon this muffin recipe when I was a vegan (it shockingly has no butter, milk or eggs). It was such a simple and unusual recipe, I didn't believe it could actually produce muffins, let alone ones that tasted good. I can't tell you how mistaken I was! These muffins have become a staple in my baking. Primarily because they're absolutely delicious and secondly because they are so easy AND so healthy. They have no added sugar, no butter, and are gluten free? Take the leap of faith like I did and you will not be disappointed.
The Easiest Banana Berry Muffins
Prep Time 10 Mins | Cook time 25 Mins | Makes 12 Muffins
- 2 Cups banana
- 1Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 Cup oil (Canola or Olive Oil)
- 3 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1 to 1 1/2 Cup Berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, a combination or dried fruit)
- *Optional 1/2 Cup Nuts (Walnuts, Pecans, Macadamia)
1) Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees.
2) Thoroughly mix all the wet ingredients with the powders (Banana, Oil, Cinnamon, Baking Powder).
3)Then mix in Rolled Oats till fully covered in mixture.
4) Then mix in berries and optional nuts.
5) Put in greased baking tin up to rim. Bake 350 for approximately 25 minutes.
6) Remove from tray and enjoy!